Hi all! Today's post will be about Xen Tan Dark Lotion. If you are looking for a really dark and deep tan...this is your product! I have been using this product for quite awhile and I love it! This has become my favorite fake tan to use for my body. Whenever I want to get a really dark fake tan, this is exactly what I will use!!
What Xen Tan says...
Luxurious sunless tanning lotion with realistic instant color, so you can see your tan as you apply. Rich nut oils give moisture for a long lasting tan. Apply one coat lightly for sheerer tan or 1 thicker coat for darker color. Lasts up to 7 days. Delicious light cherry-almond scent works for both men and women. For face and body.
- This self tanner does not mess around...it does exactly what it says it will do...give you a dark color of course!
- This is perfect for those special occasions or everyday if you like a deep tan...I am going to a wedding this weekend so I used this last night and slept in it so I will be my darkest! I should note that the bottle says "wait 3 hours before showering" so you can wear it for a shorter time and by no means have to sleep in it. I have always prefered to sleep in my self tan (unless I don't have time) because it's so much easier to put it on before bedtime and just hit the hay!
- It smells good...most of Xen Tan's stuff has a vanilla/cupcake scent (which I also like) but this has a cherry almond smell. It's not overly strong and fades after application
- Long lasting...I usually self tan 1-2x and I would say this lasts 5 days before fading
- Fades evenly...of course a self tanner will fade, but thankfully this one fades gradually and even. This was always an issue I had with spray tan booths. I always looked silly when it faded!
- Has skin conditioners Jojoba oil & nut oils....You might be thinking AHHH oil no no for self tanners. I thought the same thing BUT having these in the product have made it so much easier for me to work with!
- Easy to blend...my skin is always dry (especially on my legs) so having built in conditioners in helps glide the tan onto my skin so much easier
- Very dark color guard...this might scare some at first, but I assure you that this very dark guard really does make it so much easier to see where you are putting it. It also spreads very well so it won't stay that dark once you blend it in.
- Pump bottle...I love pump bottles...it makes it so much easier when you have a mitt on your hand and are trying to work quickly. When the bottle gets low, I will screw on the cap tight and shake it hard. This brings what is left of the product to the top of the pump. I will then unscrew the cap and wipe the pump on the mitt. I only do this for when the bottle is almost empty of course!
Xen Tan Dark Lotion ~ photo of the product (notice the dark color guard)
How to use & suggestions
- You can use the Xen Tan Mitt or you can use latex gloves...I have tried both ways and I prefer the mitt by far. It does all the work for you and is much faster time wise
- I go over each body area twice...I do this for two reasons, one to make sure I get a really dark color and also so I can make sure I put product on every spot!
- I use the Xen Tan Face Tanner Luxe for my face...I did a full review of it HERE. It is hands down my favorite & the best fake tan for the face I have tried.
- I would recommend this product for intermediate & advanced level tanners...this is not a product you can just slap on and go...it does require the time and effort to ensure an even and full application. I would suggest beginners use a mousse (I use the Xen Tan one...i'm telling you this is the only brand I will use!) or the Xen Tan Deep Bronze Luxe. I'm not saying beginners can't use it, but if you are brand new to fake tan...this is going to be a little hard as a starter product!
- This does take a little longer to put on...I don't mind at all especially with the end result. Make sure you want to put in the time & effort and have patience when first using it.
- Use a blowdryer when you finish...sounds funny but every time I self tan I always blow dry my whole body. It really does help the tan dry faster. The areas I notice need more of the blowdryer are my stomach, chest, inner arms. Try it!
Check out the packaging of Xen Tan Dark Lotion
Price & Where to buy
- This retails for $40...if you are a self tanner then this probably doesn't sound high to you at all. Although this sounds expensive, it really is not. One receives 8fl oz of product and i'm telling you this bottle lasts a long time! It really depends on how much you use it, but I self tan 1-2x a week for reference (and do 2 coats!)
- You can purchase this at Ulta, Nordstrom and Xen Tan's website...if you live outside the US double check their website because there is a store locator. I have always purchased my items on Xen Tan's website. They ship fast and package the products well in the box. Click HERE to go to Xen Tan's website
A close up photo of the bottle
Overall, this product is awesome! As some of you know, I have long been a fan of Xen Tan products. The end result is always a rich olive color, long lasting and never streaky. I highly recommend Xen Tan Dark Lotion to anyone who is looking for a super dark & long lasting tan...whether it be for everyday or a special event!
Thanks for reading,
Disclaimer: Xen Tan kindly gifted me a bottle of Dark Lotion. I have another bottle of this product that I purchased with my own money. All opinions, suggestions and photos are my own!