Hi all! Today's post will feature an Interview & Work Makeup Idea. As much as I love experimenting with makeup and beauty, I do prefer to keep my eye makeup defined but neutral at the same time at an office job. This meaning that I don't wear heavy or an overly smoky eye makeup to work. Of course, this really depends on where you work. When I worked at Ulta it was awesome because I could wear bright colors and go all out with my look. However, when you're in an office setting it can look a little overdone. Don't get me wrong, you can still show your creativity and talent! Here's an idea for work or interview eye makeup...
What I used
- Urban Decay Eden (eyeshadow base)
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Birthday (cream eyeshadow for base)
- MAC All That Glitters (lid color - used on the inner half of lid)
- Urban Decay Naked (crease color - used to blend out above 2 steps and as a transition color...tip: this will help prep your crease for dark colors. Have you noticed how sometimes darker shades don't want to blend out for you? Try sweeping a flesh/beige eyeshadow that is about the same shade as your skin in your crease. This trick works! I do it every single day!
- MAC Patina (crease color - blended through crease and concentrated heavier on the outer lid)
- MAC Expresso (outer V color - blended through the outer V to add dimension and depth. tip: If you find that this overall eye look is too dark for you then you can skip this step!)
- Wet n Wild Mega Liner in Black (eyeliner - I sometimes do wear a dark brown eyeliner in place of black but this is up to you. I really like this eyeliner but it is a liquid eyeliner so if you aren't comfortable using one, then I would try a pencil or cream - ELF makes a great one in brown!)
- BLEND BLEND BLEND (this is key to any eye look that I do! Take a clean fluffy eye brush to softy go over everything you did in the above steps. This is key!!
- CoverGirl LashBlast (mascara - I did 2 coats because I wanted the "lots of lashes" look for this eye makeup)
- Urban Decay Foxy (highlight - I prefer a matte yellow toned highlight for my brow. This is an optional step but I have noticed when I use this shade it really helps perk up my eyes and give the illusion of a lifted eye)
Swatches of the eyeshadows used
(L to R)
MAC All That Glitters, Urban Decay Naked, MAC Patina & MAC Expresso
Completed Eye Look
As always, thanks for reading! I hope this eye makeup idea was helpful! Please let me know if you try it out or plan to. If you have any questions about anything I'd be happy to help. I can also suggest drugstore eyeshadows if you are looking for more affordable options!