Today's post will be featuring The Body Shop's Tea Tree Face Mask. This mask has become a favorite of mine over the past year and a half.
What The Body Shop Says:
When the seasons change, so can your skin — and sometimes not for the better. Our new Tea Tree range with a triple blend of natural active ingredients — Community Trade tea tree oil, lemon tea tree, and tamanu oil — work together to keep skin clear by helping to prevent blemishes and blackheads, and controlling excess oil. No matter what kind of climate you live in, using our Tea Tree range as your daily skin care regime will help combat existing blemishes, prevent future breakouts, and control oil and shine all year long.
- I am a big fan of The Body Shop. I haven't shopped there in awhile, but really like the store. They are constantly running specials & sales on everything. TBS is also really sample friendly...which is actually how I found this mask.
- Tea tree has been widely used and known as an anti-bacterial treatment. It is also known as a helper in treating acne. I have not used tea tree on it's own in years for acne but I do remember it helping. I do find that if I have a blemish that this mask starts the healing process. It brings down the redness and will "clean" the area.
- I know that some people do not like the smell of tea tree, but I do. It's a very herbal smell but it kinda has that "it's working" smell if you know what I mean
- The mask has almost a minty/menthol feeling to it when you put it on. It won't burn or warm your skin, but you will feel and smell the herbal scent!
- I typically spread a thick layer of this all over my face and will concentrate on the areas that need the most love (IE if I have a breakout)
- I will leave this mask on 10-15 minutes and I should note that it won't dry like other masks so you will have to keep track of time
- When I remove the mask I will use a wet washcloth as I find this the best method (instead of just washing your face)
- Overall, this mask is a really nice treatment mask that makes my skin feel great. My skin feels cleaner and clearer after use. It is a little pricey, but this jar lasts forever. I have have hardly made a dent in it and I use it a lot. Also, The Body Shop does always have some sale going on so you can play it right so that you get it cheap!
Here's the product link from The Body Shop's website
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Thanks for reading,