Hi all! I hope you are having a great weekend so far. Today's post will be about Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer. Now before we go any farther, I want to let you know that this is a negative review. I debated writing this review because I know many ladies are huge fans of this. But, I am not a fan of this product and have given it multiple chances to work for me. Sadly it hasn't. This is a widely raved about product throughout the beauty world. I really wanted to love it, but I didn't. Thumbs down.
DISCLAIMER: I don't really like hating on products, but when I have a negative experience with a product repeatedly, I want to share it with others. I want to note that just because this didn't work for me, it doesn't mean it won't work for you. Remember that if you ARE a fan of this product that is fine too! These are my personal opinions.
What do I like?
- I do like the sponge applicator idea. In a way it does the blending for you. I know some have talked about the hygiene concern with this.
- I also like that I can see exactly how much product is left
- No scent
What don't I like?
- This product creases horribly on me. I have tried so many different ways of applying it and every time...creases! I have used different brushes, the sponge applicator and even my fingers...nothing worked!
- Treatment product?
- Maybelline claims that this product contains ingredients that help with dark circles and puffiness. I didn't notice any difference over the period of testing it multiple times.
- I don't have awful dark circles, but I do need concealer. It's tough to find a color that is opaque enough to cover blue/purple under eye circles. This was a huge downside...I kept having to do more and more layers.
- Drying on the eye area
- This dried out the skin under my eyes which probably encouraged creasing
Overall, I just didn't dig it! I have heard so many great things about this so my expectations were super high. I was very disappointed and I have been lately with Maybelline. The extreme creasing and lack of coverage were the dealbreakers for me.
I would not personally recommend this to family or friends. I will be doing an upcoming post on my favorite eye concealers that blow this one out the water. Stay tuned!
Thanks for reading,